Kenneth E. Pierce, Jr., DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVO
Dr. Pierce is a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine. He completed a rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. Thereafter, Kenneth was an ophthalmology intern at the Eye Care for Animals & Biological Test Center in California. At Michigan State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Dr. Pierce completed his residency in ophthalmology and received his Masters Degree. Kenneth Pierce comes to GSVS after several years as a staff ophthalmologist at Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine.
The Ophthalmology Service performs a variety of procedures, including among them:
- Phacoemulsification with intraocular lens placement (Cataract Surgery)
- Entropion Repair
- Intraocular Silicone Prosthesis
- Everted Third Eyelid Repair
- Prolapsed Gland of the Nictitating Membrane Repair (Cherry Eye Surgery)
- Medial Canthoplasty
- Conjunctival Pedicle Graft
- Corneal Conjunctival Transposition
Dr. Pierce has a special interest in exotic animals and welcomes all patients.
|< Go Back